Pain in side when needing to pee

Im a 21 year old female and since march 2013 ive been occasionally self catheterizing (ISC), im under a urology team and they are investigating why, sometimes i can go without catheters other times i cant. Since then ive been getting a lot of UTIs and have had pylonephritis twice, ive been on lots of antibiotics and take a low dose one everyday to prevent infections.
For the past 2 week ive been getting pain in my sides around the kidney area when i need to wee, and it lasts for about 5 minutes after ive been to the toilet any suggestions why?
It is not possible to tell what might be causing your symptoms without and exam.  I would suggest you contact your doctor for further evaluation.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.