Bipolar Disorder Community
Extreme hatred at 14?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Extreme hatred at 14?

So I've been school friends with a girl for about 3 years. I say school friends because I would never invite her to my house, don't ask me why because I don't know. Anyways I've always been shy and really wanted to become closer with her. Well this year was my chance, with us having classes together and in the same areas, as well as lunch. She walked with me and talked with me and has been nothing but nice. She helps me in class when I gave nothing in return. Well about a month ago, everything she did started to annoy me deeply. Quirky things she did that I thought were cute now infuriate me. Even hearing her breathe gets my blood boiling. I haven't been secretive about my hatred either. I've told her to stop following me and I just ignore her and try to stay as far away as possible. This happened a year before to another friend, but now after having some time away I want to rebuild our relationship. I'm just afraid this will happen with everyone I grow close to. I have two good friends, but I think that's because I've known them since I was little. I've never made a friend to keep in my teen years
You should talk to your school psychologist, or whatever type of counselor they have, to try to get to the root of why you get so angry.  You might also be able to work on dealing with those emotions when they come up, and having a plan of action for dealing with them.  For instance, you can explain to them that sometimes you need to be alone because you get snappy and can't really deal with people when you're like that, and then when you feel yourself getting that way, remove yourself from the situation.