Bipolar Disorder Community
Has anyone taken Risperdal
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone taken Risperdal

Hi, I just have a question.  My pdoc just prescribed Risperdal (.5 mg 2 times a day).  Has anyone taken this, or had any luck on it...or bad luck on it.  I get really nervous when I start taking a new med, so I like to see what others have to say.  I am a little nervous about anything that can make me really tired as I have 2 small children that I care for around the clock.  I am also taking 100mg of Lamictal/day.  I thought that Risperdal was used to control manic episodes, but I have been having really bad anxiety attacks and the doc seems to think this will help.  I am not sure why, but I've been having them 2 or 3 times a day and he still won't write me for anything to use as needed until this med works. Don't know why, but maybe it has to do with drug interactions or something.  I didn't even think to ask until I left.  Oh well.  Anyway, anything anyone can tell me about the drug (or about the combo) would really be great.  
Thanks
Jen