Multiple Personality Disorder and Bipolar Disorder
I watched a PBS Frontline documentary in college about Multiple Personality Disorder.  It indicated that many cases were misdiagnosed and iatrogenesis made the patients act out symptoms.  Additionally, the documentary showed a hing ranking member of the APA giving an intellectual-sounding lecture on the origins of the disorder, which he claimed were started by "Nazi doctors coming to America using neurolinguistic satanic mind programming on unwitting test subjects."  Obviously Psychologist are completely insane themselves, so why would any reasonable person trust their doctor after seeing this documentary?  Also, the Professor claimed that it's a widely held belief in academia that Bipolar Disorder is used in the same way by the medical community to force treatment (so they get paid ;)  Thoughts?
I know quite a few people who are anti-treatment and tried to get me to stop taking medicine myself and while I can see why they dislike doctors, because there are doctors out there who give the rest a bad name, it isn't right for them to speak out against doctors like that and sway people into refusing to go to a doctor period.  Although I have not been diagnosed with bipolar disorder at this time and rather something else somehow related to it, I tell people who try to force this one on me that the medication made me able to do things I had never been able to do before in my life, having had my illness most of my life, and reduced my symptoms.