Bipolar Disorder Community
Spiritual Cure for Bipolar Disease?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Spiritual Cure for Bipolar Disease?

This posting is for all those who need to address the importance of repenting of sin in their lives and are serious about doing so. Speaking from one who suffered from the disease for almost 22 years, I finally discovered DELIVERANCE from this oppressive illness that stole so much time and livelihood away from me.  How?  I discovered that any "incurable" disease has a supernatural component to it that medications can only mask but not cure. This is true of bipolar disease with its ups and downs and sometimes delusional states that border on schizophrenia. You should know that this is the spiritual aspect of the disease which--if you are serious about your healing--needs addressing. This is where I repented of my sins and confessed the sins of past generations. These are ungodly vows and curses made by those before us that can have a detrimental effect on us spiritually.  I experienced an amazing release from the disease’s stronghold in my life. I am serious though, this deliverance involves a seeking a relationship with Jesus Christ. He is the deliverer! If you would like prayer guidance in this area, He can help.  If you need more pointers, let me know.
I am very glad you have found release from your bi polar.A relationship with your deity is very imprtant and faith will see you through.

I do have a problem when posters come in and start telling how theyhave stopped their meds when they found Jesus.Did you ever stop to think th at God gave us these meds so we could be " healed" of our bi polarcondition.
Bi polar is controlled through healthy diet,regular rest,at least 30 min aday exercise ,meds and therapy and of course your faith.
I have had bi polar all my life and I am 51,I amstable on the outline I have stated above, I am very blessed to be stable but the Lord helps them that help themselves. it has to be alot more then just saying Jesus help me.
Love Venora
I agree with Venora.  Whatever helps you is great.  But faith alone will not "cure" diseases such as cancer, diabetes or anything else.  We must follow medical advice along with helping ourselves through healthy diet, exercise, medication, faith, or whatever makes us feel better about ourselves.  

I do not believe we can rely on faith alone.  The Lord may not "cure" us directly -- but he does provide talented doctors and scientists to develop medications and therapy so that we can use these tools to control disease and disorders.

Like the proverb about the man caught in a terrible flood and he was trapped on the roof of his house, he prayed to the Lord to rescue him.  A rescue boat came and the man said "the Lord will save me."  A rescue helicopter came and he sent it away.  Finally the man died and in heaven he asked the Lord why he did not save him.  Jesus said "my son, I sent you a boat and a helicopter -- why did you not use those to save yourself??"
So, if you were saved, truely saved, as a child, then you should never get diseases for the rest of your life, from reading what you are saying. I accepted Jesus as my Saviour as a teenager. When a person does that, God's promise is that our soul is saved. Jesus said in speaking to His Father, "I have not lost one, that thou has given me". It wasn't a promise of not getting sick, or being healed of everything. In the time of the Law people may have carried the sins of their generations, but with Jesus, it is in the time of Grace. I am bi-polar, so in that case, where would that leave me? I was forgiven of my sin and I continue to ask for forgiveness because as long as we breathe we will sin in some way or another, because we live in a human body. We are reborn because our spirit changes, not the body. We live by faith not by miracles.

Think about what you are saying. Many people want to be cured of all sorts of things, but few have miracle cures. Saying that repenting of curses and sins you don't even know about, from somewhere you don't know about, that belongs to someone else, does not make sense. I have never read such a thing in the Word of God. Sin belongs to the one who does the sinning. If that is the case, I'll give you mine.  Jesus said repent of YOUR sins. Don't encourage a sick person to stop taking medication that could cause them much harm from a belief of cure you cannot provide. Jesus said there would always be sick among us.
So are you saying that this illness is some kind of punishment for sin, of us or previous generations.

Is that so with all illnesses?  Or is it just mental illness that can be cured by repenting our sins?

I do not quite understand, I am a very moral honest person and come from such a family that is riddled with mental illness, so we are the sinners?  am I getting your message?  I am not sure is that what you are implying?
I come from a christian background, my Dad very devout.  My Dad said God wouldn't put more on our plate then we could handle, and  in no way is BP a punishment for Sin or that we are impure in any way.  This is a brain disorder, just like epilepsy, nothing more, is  a person corrupt if he has that?  

I had a cousin who was Schizophrenic with BP, found God and went off his meds because of it, the church he was in pressured him because they said they laid hands on him and he was cured. . He did well for a while, but when he had a relapse, he committed suicide, now we suffer the loss of this beautiful spirit.  Isn't there a passage in the Bible that says heal thy self? Getting help is a way of honouring yoursefl and taking care of your needs so you can be happy and productive.
You sound like you are flying high in mania right now, newday4u.  Next thing you know you'll be thinking that you are Jesus.  I have a pointer for you--head directly to the psychiatrist, do not pass go.

I was also told that God wouldn't give us more than we can take, and I believed that until I had a complete mental breakdown.  Apparently it was more than I could take.  Therefore, someone lied to me.

But "God" didn't stop there.  I'm now afflicted with what seems to be Trigeminal Neuralgia, also known as the "Suicide Disease" because it hurts worse than any other human condition known to man and is so bad people kill themselves to end it.  I've had kidney stones and childbirth, and I would rather have both than this trigeminal nerve pain.  

It just so happens I had an epiphany of my own while suffering from this trigeminal nerve pain at the same time I had a migraine just a few weeks ago.  First, I didn't know then that it was the "suicide disease," but I decided there was no way I would live much longer if I couldn't get a serious reduction in nerve pain.  I also decided in my greatest moment of agony that no decent Father would allow his child to go through that kind of suffering, so there can't be a loving God.  AND, I thought to myself, if there is a God, then I decided I hated Him and actually cursed Him.  I had no fear of hell, because I was already in it.

So what did "God" do next?  Maybe you will think this is my punishment for being so ungodly.  Several days later, I noticed I was smelling smoke for no reason (other than perhaps I'm already in hell.)  Tomorrow I call back the neurologist to see when my MRI will be.  I will be scanned for a brain tumor, which my husband is certain is causing my bipolar and general bad attitude--wishful thinking on his part.  

A diagnosis of a fatal brain tumor would almost be a relief.

I have a spiritual friend who thinks this phantom smoke smell is someone from the other side trying to tell me something.  Perhaps George Burns.  Oh God, spare me.
I had a partner who used to smell smoke before a seizure..  she had all sorts of tests done..and nada showing - so who knows, but I wish you the best of luck.

Now I have visuals of George Burns chuckling..  
I have a very strong faith in God and Jesus Christ, though I do my best to stay disconnected from the Christian church, due to things like this.  

It is my firm belief that God will be there to help us through what ails us, in such ways as loving us and providing us with coping mechanisms...such as medications to provide us with a better life.  I don't see bipolar disease as a curse or a blessing, it's just a part of me, one little part that makes up who I am.  And I am lucky enough to live in a time when this illness can be controlled with the proper medications.

newday4u I agree with the person who said you're most likely manic.  I went through a severe manic phase a few years back in which I believed God wanted me to give up all modern day advances and become a missionary in Brazil.  In fact I came very close to doing just that...and then I crashed hard into depression, and as a result suffered a major crisis of faith.  Thankfully I do believe I am on the right track now with life and faith, though it's taken a while to get here.

If you are manic, as I believe, please don't deny your diagnosis or your faith.  You can reach a level of stability.