Bipolar Disorder Community
Trileptal - New user

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Trileptal - New user

Hi - I'm Bipolar1, severe anxiety with bouts of depression. For three years I was on Abilify. Gained 90lbs and became pre-diabetic. I was taken off of it. I then went to Seroquil, but only 25MG to stabilize my sugar. I also take 2mg Clonopin an 100mg Zoloft. I am seeing a new Dr and he says that I'm not stabilized and need to be on one of three drugs. Trileptal seemed to be the best option. I am only on my first week, 300MG and I am sleepy all day. If I take the Seroquil with it, I fall into such a deep sleep - so deep I have actually wet the bed! EMBARRASSING!  I'm also noticing my urine has a very bad smell to it.Without it however, I can't get to sleep. My thoughts are a little rambled and I have a hard time with pronunciation. Anyone have any ideas. I know I need to talk with Pdoc, but it's only been 7 days.
Tags: trileptal
  Generally side effects improve as a person continues to take a medication. However some of the side effects you are describing sound potentially of concern so although you should not make any changes to the dose of your medication you should inform your psychiatrist as soon as possible. They can then determine what the next step would be within their clinical discretion. It would also be worthwhile to ask your psychiatrist to prescribe a urine test and then follow up with your doctor with that as regards of cause that should be followed up on.