cyclothymia and emotional abuse
hello to all. I am in the process of divorcing my husband who has been diagnosed a year ago after a depressive episode. In the course of this last year several issues have been brought to the fore but what has clinched it for me is the realisation that we were both seeing our relationship in a very unhealthy fashion. I am convinced that he has been emotionally abusive towards my son (from a previous relationship) and myself. He is very controlling and judgemental, The only way he seems to have been able to accept the diagnosis is by laying the blame on me, claiming that the psychiatrist he saw at the time told him that i was responsible for his mental state. This was backed by his sister. I insisted  in turn that no mental health professional would ever be able to pass judgement of such scale, He has since organised a trip to thailand with his sister. Unfortunately he has decided to visit and stay in an area where we went for our honeymoon. He is charming company and has fluctuated between wanting me to get back to him and disgarding my feelings. I do not wish him any harm but am desperate to make sense of the situation. Can a diagnosis of bipolarism 3 exarcebate patterns of abusive behaviour? thank you for sharing your comments
This doesn't sound like bipolar 1 or 2 or cyclothymia, just bad behavior.