should i stay on zeldox or go back to risperdal
Durings my last hospitalisation 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and I was put on risperdal and seroquil.  Despite incredibly irritating side effects my Dr felt I should remain on risperdal because that's what got me out of the hospital.  Since then I got a new Dr who felt I needed to get off risperdal and had me seen by a specialist in pharmacology for advice.  Since last april I was put on zeldox  and rivotril, remained on zoloft, and taken off of seroquil and risperdal. Now several months later my Dr cut my dose of zoloft by half because my social worker informed him that I seemed manic.  Should I stay on zeldox (I lost over 30 pounds and have no appetite) or go back to risperdal despite its debilitating side effects?
Zeldox can be activating and has less of a potential to cause weight gain than Seroquel and Risperdal but Abilify is another antipsychotic that has the same potential. You could ask about that. I believe that a new antipsychotic Saphris was just FDA approved for bipolar. If its available that's another option. And of course there are many traditional mood stabilizers:
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm
And sometimes an anti-depressent can induce mania in a person with bipolar. Ask your psychiatrist about available options.