Bipolar Disorder Community
will this ever end?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

will this ever end?

I weaned off of trileptal (1800mg) and 375mg lithium the week before Thanksgiving.  It took about a week and a half to get to zero mg.  I did it under dr's orders to prepare for ECT.

I experienced some insomnia and other withdrawal effects while I was tapering them.  Now, I am having really strange sensations - actually numbness all over my body.  I feel like I am running a fever, but when I take my temp there is no fever there.  It feels like my brain has hardened.  This has been going on for four days now.  It won't go away.  I am very scared of this staying forever.   I can't focus on anything and just sit and stare at the tv for hours at a time.

Apparently this is not a side effect of ECT.

Is this ever going to go away?  HELP!