Cancer Expert Forum
Red pimple on Breast
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red pimple on Breast

I am 61 years old and my other died of breast cancer when she was 57 yrs. of age.  My husband and I are out of the country and last week we hiked in the mountains for 5-6 days.  A day or so later I noticed a small red raised bump on my left breast.  At first I though it was an insect bite, but it doesn't hurt or itch.  I did sweat a lot & got over heated when hiking and had on a nylon bra, which should have been cotton.  I put hot compresses on it yesterday and it's still the same.  I've had this for 1 week and with no changes.  We are leaving next Monday to travel for 2 weeks and I'm wondering whether or not I should have this checked out before we go.  I checked out different sites on the internet & read about Inflammatory Breast disease, which really scared me.  Having lost my mother at such a young age to breast cancer was very traumatic.  I don't have any symptoms for IBC other than my breast being a little tender.  That could be from the hot compresses and just the stress of it all.  My left arm and shoulder is numb, but again I think that is due to stress, as we've been under a lot of stress since being away from home.  Please let me know if I should make an appointment with a gynocologist prior to leaving for 2 weeks.  We won't be back in the states for one month. I took 2 pictures of it but unfortunately it does not appear as if I can attach  it to this E-mail.