Cancer Expert Forum
Red pimple on Breast

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Red pimple on Breast

I am 61 years old and my other died of breast cancer when she was 57 yrs. of age.  My husband and I are out of the country and last week we hiked in the mountains for 5-6 days.  A day or so later I noticed a small red raised bump on my left breast.  At first I though it was an insect bite, but it doesn't hurt or itch.  I did sweat a lot & got over heated when hiking and had on a nylon bra, which should have been cotton.  I put hot compresses on it yesterday and it's still the same.  I've had this for 1 week and with no changes.  We are leaving next Monday to travel for 2 weeks and I'm wondering whether or not I should have this checked out before we go.  I checked out different sites on the internet & read about Inflammatory Breast disease, which really scared me.  Having lost my mother at such a young age to breast cancer was very traumatic.  I don't have any symptoms for IBC other than my breast being a little tender.  That could be from the hot compresses and just the stress of it all.  My left arm and shoulder is numb, but again I think that is due to stress, as we've been under a lot of stress since being away from home.  Please let me know if I should make an appointment with a gynocologist prior to leaving for 2 weeks.  We won't be back in the states for one month. I took 2 pictures of it but unfortunately it does not appear as if I can attach  it to this E-mail.
It would be best if a doctor examined you before you leave for your trip. Please set up an appointment.
However, from your description, it is unlikely that you have inflammatory breast cancer.
All the best, and God Bless!