Cancer Expert Forum
recto-vaginal fistula

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

recto-vaginal fistula

Have a recto-vaginal fistula and diversion colitis, which appeared after my second surgery for ovarian cancer, when I received my permanent colostomy.  I am desperate for any advice, one of my chemo's caused hemorrhaging and pain at the fistula site and have had to drop down to milder chemo's.  Currently, I'm not in treatment, but have the daily constant discharges.  My PCP has recently put me on a daily low dose of antibiotics, which has stopped the frequent UTI's and lessened the amount of discharge and low grade fevers.  Any advice?  Thank you!
I am sorry to hear of your problems. Is the ovarian cancer now under control? When was the last chemotherapy completed, and what drugs were used? When was the last reassessment done, and what was the result? What is the current CA125?
You may like to get a course of antibiotics for treatment of discharge. The choice of antibiotic should be guided by culture and sensivity of the discharge fluid.
All the best, and God Bless!