Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP

I AM 41 MALE, 5'9", 220 LBS. CAN YOU TELL ME WHY MY HEART RATE DROPS DOWN TO 42 & BLOOD PRESSURE RISES TO AROUND 165/95 TWO DAYS AFTER PLAY BASKETBALL. MY HEART RATE AND BLOOD PRESSURE RETURNS TO NORMAL AFTER THE BASKETBALL GAME AND THE NEXT MORNING HEART RATE 56 AND BP 124/78. THIS STARTED ABOUT 3 MOUTHS AGO.

ECHO 2 MONTHS AGO WITH ABNORMAL READING IVS THICKNESS 1.4CM, LVPW THICKNESS 1.4CM, RV DIA. 3CM, LA DIA. 4.4, AORTIC ROOT DIA. 4.3CM, & VALVES (TRICUSPID, PULMONIC, MITRAL) TRACE OF REGURGITATION. TREADMILL STRESS TEST SHOWS PAC, PVC ARRHYTHMIA AND EF OF 59%. STRESS TEST I DID NOT GET MY HEART RATE UP TO THEIR MIN. (151) AT THE END THEY GAVE ME SOMETHING THE INCREASE THE HR OVER THE MIN. RESTING HR 45 AND BP 150/90. MILD DAMAGE TO MY HEART VALVES, CAUSING THE REURGITATION AND MILD DILATED OF AORTIC ROOT. I RECEIVED MY BLOOD WORK TSB 3RD GENERATION AT 0.46 DAYS AGO.

I PLAYED BASKETBALL TO HARD ONE WEEKEND WHILE PLAYED I FELT MY HEART RACING AND FELT LIKE IT WAS COMING OUT MY CHEST.
ON THE 2ND DAY BEFORE I PLAY AGAIN THE HEART RATE DROPS AND BP RAISES. IT TAKES 1 OR 2 GAMES BEFORE I START FEELING GOOD. I AM TIRED IN THE 1ST GAME.

MY HEAD HURT IN THE BACK AFTER EXERCISING TO HARD WHERE I HAD A BRAIN HEMORRHAGE IN 1991. COULD THE ARTERIES AND VEINS NOT EXPANDING  AND CAUSING THE BLOOD TO BACK UP TO CAUSE THE ABOVE HEART PROBLEMS FOUND.