Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Re:stent

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Re:stent

Oct 11, 2008 09:11AM in the Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
I had a stress test, blood work, EKg's basically every test. All my test passed. They just wanted to do an Angiogram to see if there were any problems. That is when they found the blockages. My Dr,s were shocked to find them. I had 1 stent put in, and an Angioplasty in the other due to I need a 2 mm stent that is drug eluding, but it is currently not availiab... Since then 11/04 , the stent is now offered. My symptoms have improved, and I feel no pain. Is it wise to still have the stent placed?
Repeat Angiograms
Oct 10, 2008 02:33PM in the Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
I had a stent and angioplasty 4 months ago. Since then I have pain in in the middle of my back. They would like to do a repeat angiogram. Can this cause scar tissue and or cause any further damage to the heart or vessels? I am 37yrs old with Diabetes of 33 years. No high BP and kidney function is well.

Patients with diabetes can have atypical or no symptoms so in general they merit an aggressive evaluation.  A repeat cath is unlikely to cause scar tissue or damage to the heart.  You need also aggressive control of the cholesterol, your sugar levels and you should be on an ACE or an ARB as well as a beta blocker and carvedilol is a good medicine for diabetic patients.