Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Re:stent
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Re:stent

Oct 11, 2008 09:11AM in the Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
I had a stress test, blood work, EKg's basically every test. All my test passed. They just wanted to do an Angiogram to see if there were any problems. That is when they found the blockages. My Dr,s were shocked to find them. I had 1 stent put in, and an Angioplasty in the other due to I need a 2 mm stent that is drug eluding, but it is currently not availiab... Since then 11/04 , the stent is now offered. My symptoms have improved, and I feel no pain. Is it wise to still have the stent placed?
Repeat Angiograms
Oct 10, 2008 02:33PM in the Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
I had a stent and angioplasty 4 months ago. Since then I have pain in in the middle of my back. They would like to do a repeat angiogram. Can this cause scar tissue and or cause any further damage to the heart or vessels? I am 37yrs old with Diabetes of 33 years. No high BP and kidney function is well.