Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
occasional sternum pain and short of breath

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Hello, I am having a few problems with my health that you maybe able to help me with? Lately I have been experiencing some pain in the sternum it feels like a tear and pinches,  also when I lay down on my left side it feels like my heart is laying down on my ribs feels heavy and uncomfortable. and I have some periods when I have shortness of breath..  I must say that last year I was diagnosed with mvp and was wondering if this could be related to the heart disease and if it is a sign of getting worst..  
thanks
The symptoms may be related to your heart and clearly this needs to be evaluated to determine the cause of the symptoms.