Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
passing out after coughing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

passing out after coughing

My husband had pnuemonia (pneumonia) and is still coughing and has been passing out when he coughs only 1 or 2 times real deep.  He has injured his head, his hip and his ribs.  I am very worried about him and don't know what to do to help.  He is on steroids for the aftermath of the pnuemonia (pneumonia), and some meds to prevent him from coughing, but they are not completely working.  Is this going to ever end and do I need to worry everytime he gets a cold?  Is this a lasting condition?  Please help.