Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
blue spots on inside of bladder

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

blue spots on inside of bladder

Last week I had surgery and during it my Dr found blue spots on the inside of my bladder. I've seen the pictures, and all spots seem close to the same size (smallish I guess) and my bladder wall was pale pink with bight blue spots. My Dr biopsied  them, and told me he had never saw anything like this and we would have to wait for the results to come back. I know that each person and each illness  is different, but I was hoping that someone may have heard of this before, I've found nothing on the internet that sounded like this, and I am someone who likes to be ready for the worse and hope for the best. So, have you ever seen or heard of this? Thanks, Faye
1 Comment
Blue spots are an unusual finding on the lining of the bladder.  Biopsy of the lesion is the best way to find out what they are.  Usually biopsy results take one week to process, so hang it there and you can discuss the findings in detail once the report is back.  
A related discussion, Pink circles on inside of bladder wall was started.