Thyroid Cancer Community
Levothroid 125 mcg
About This Community:

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Levothroid 125 mcg

Has this drug been on the market very long?
How safe is it? What are long term effects?
I've been taking this since 3-17-12.
Had total thyroid removed 3-16-12.

Symptoms I have had.
Racing heart when resting. ( thought this was from the stress I've been under )
Shakes ( also thought this symptom was from the stress of my cancer diagnosis )
diarrhea (not sure why)
orange/rust colored poo ( not sure why, maybe carrots )
No period, ( not pregnant ) never had one this month. Had two pregnancy tests, both came back negative.
One at home test and one urine test at the hospital.  
I have experienced some very light spotting after sex.

Any ideas what my symptoms are from?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like you might be on too much. Have your doc do a total thyroid panel to check your levels of everything. did you have RAI? What type/size cancer?  Your doctor can then assess what is going on. You may be sensitive to that drug, but it has been on the market for several decades, my father-in-law has taken it since 1945. For thyroid cancer patients, this is the drug you are stuck with, after several years with no recurrance, they can change to another drug.
Blank
My doctor did blood work and said everything is in the normal range. I had two 3mm mirco papillary carcinomas and one 1.9cm angioinvasive follicular carcinoma. I had my total tyroid removed 3-16-12. I had done no RAI and do not intend too. I was wondering about this drug because I don't know anyone taking it. Everyone I know or have talked to in on levothyroine. Just wonder what one is better. Levothroid (the one I'm on) or Levothyroine. Any comments?
Blank
1139187_tn?1355710247
can you please post your last lab results.  

most importantly -

free t3
free t4
tsh

it could be that you need to be on a different medication.  You sound hypo still, not sure where you are with all of this.   The anxiety could be a form of too little or too much, same with the shakes, the racing heart sounds like too much.

the diareah would be from too much more likely, but could also be that the thyroid problems have effected your gallbladder as well.   Do you have any pain int he gallbladder area?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...