thyroid nodule
Dear Doctor,

I just had my the result of FNA..It's benign degenrating colloid with cyst formation.

Can you explain to me the microscopic description: Smears are paucicellu;ar and show a few small follicular cells arrange in small cohesive groups. There is no significant cellular crowding. The nuclie are small and uniform. A few siderophages are seen. There is moderate to abundant degenerating colloid, and a few siderophaages.
The prsence of siderophages indicates that about 8 weeks you have bleeding inside the nodule.Nuclie are small and uniform means there is no changes within the cells.
Hi there!

Smear (examination slides prepared from sample material) has low number of cells (pauci-cellular) and show hormone producing cells (follicular cells) in groups. The nuclei are small and uniform (suggesting a normal appearance). A few immune related cells (siderophages/ macrophages) are seen with abundant colloid (secretion of the follicular cells).
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!