Aa
A
A
Close
Slightly high TSH
Hello,

I think I might have hypothyroidism, though my doctor told me to wait a few months to be tested again.  I was wondering what your opinion is.

I am a female in my late 20s.  My recent TSH level was 4.33.  My primary symptom has been feeling very sluggish over last 3 months, especially in the morning, and some patchy dry skin.  I have a strong family history of thyroid disorders (my mother, grandmother, aunts have been diagnosed).  My last TSH test was in 2003 and was 3.28.  I was also diagnosed with Celiac Disease 16 months ago, and I have heard that having one autoimmune disease makes me more prone to others.

I am trying to get into another doctor, bit it is proving difficult.  It could be that the sluggishness is due to something else, but I want to at least pursue the hypothyroid possibility.

Thank you!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You might feel better at a lower TSH of about 1.0.  According to the AACE the normal limits are .3 to 3.0 which would make you a little hypo.  You might want to talk to your doctor about getting on a small dose of thyroid meds.  Maybe 25mcgs.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Slightly high TSH
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848_tn?1424570775