Why do I have an increased tremor and blood pressure after thyroid surgery
I had half my thyroid removed in December. Before the surgery, my TSH level was 1.66. Immediately after the surgery I started to experience periods of pressure in my head. My pre-existing tremor has become much worse, to the point that I constantly feel like my brain, upper body and arms are constantly vibrating. My blood pressure which had always been below 120/80  and usually 110/70 is now 140/90. Sometimes I feel like my heart is racing.

I thought that this meant that I was hyperthyroid, but the blood work my endocrinologist just completed indicated TSH of 6.5 and normal T4 (he didn't give me the number). He says that my tremor and other symptoms are unrelated to the surgery and not because of my thyroid, even though I never experienced them before the surgery and have every day since.

My neurologist suggested beta blockers, but I am apprehensive about starting them, thinking that there is a thyroid connection that should be sorted out first.  

Any ideas/suggestions?
I've had these internal tremors/vibrations. They did not affect the legs just the upper parts of the body. My reason - severe magnesium deficiency (magnesium is crucial to nerve transmission) and kidney issues (due to metabolic acidosis and low thyroid hormone).