fasting thyroid
I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Ramadan is coming up very shortly. This is the 30day period in which muslims do not eat or drink for thirty days. We are excused from fasting with due to illness. I have notice that each year fasting has become harder and harder, is this due to the Hashimoto's thyroiditis? I ask my doctor but they appear to be afraid to answer me because it has to do with my religious practices.
Hi!  Welcome to the forum! :)

Your difficulty fasting might have to do with your thyroid/metabolism/health in general.  To be honest, I'm not sure about the Hashi's and fasting.  It might be worth talking to your dr about a referral to a nutritionist and discuss a juice fast during that time.   A good-quality juicer is relatively inexpensive these days and would be well worth the investment.  Making your own juices from fresh fruits and veggies will give you all the nutrients your body needs, without putting a huge strain on your health. You can also supplement with spirulina to get the protein you need.  Of course, you may want to discuss this with your spirutual advisor as well, just to make sure.

I wish you well and please keep us posted. :)