Thyroid Disorders Community
fasting thyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fasting thyroid

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Ramadan is coming up very shortly. This is the 30day period in which muslims do not eat or drink for thirty days. We are excused from fasting with due to illness. I have notice that each year fasting has become harder and harder, is this due to the Hashimoto's thyroiditis? I ask my doctor but they appear to be afraid to answer me because it has to do with my religious practices.
Related Discussions
201897_tn?1245845934
Hi!  Welcome to the forum! :)

Your difficulty fasting might have to do with your thyroid/metabolism/health in general.  To be honest, I'm not sure about the Hashi's and fasting.  It might be worth talking to your dr about a referral to a nutritionist and discuss a juice fast during that time.   A good-quality juicer is relatively inexpensive these days and would be well worth the investment.  Making your own juices from fresh fruits and veggies will give you all the nutrients your body needs, without putting a huge strain on your health. You can also supplement with spirulina to get the protein you need.  Of course, you may want to discuss this with your spirutual advisor as well, just to make sure.

I wish you well and please keep us posted. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...