Thyroid Disorders Community
low vitamin d and what level are tsh suppose to be
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low vitamin d and what level are tsh suppose to be

hi I have recently been feeling very fatigue along with confusion and having a cloudy mind to the point where I have no modivation and its not depresson but I have never felt that way so I recently went to my regular DR cuz I was also having back pain cause by a dislocated disks in my lower back well I told him about the way I had been feeling as well so he sent me to the lab where he tested my for low vitamin D and that came back to a 14 I nearly cried I couldnt believe it he had also tesed me TSH and that came back as a 5.23 but he said that he dont think its enuf off where he wouldnt put me on a medication???? this whole vitamin d thing is really freaking me out and I did have my thyroid checked many times before that and a few months befor this last one so I guess things that Im reading online are true,and also my mcv test came back as 76 and normally its suppose to be at a 80-100 but he never said anything to me about that?? well he sent me a prescrpiton for ergocalciferol and Im suppose to take 50,000 units which Im suppose to take once a week for twelve weeks has anyone ever had to take that much before it just seems high?????? and shouldnt I get checked for my calcium levels??  anyways if someone could please get back to me about any of this I would be so greatfull as Im really scared right now

thanks Nichole