low vitamin d and what level are tsh suppose to be
hi I have recently been feeling very fatigue along with confusion and having a cloudy mind to the point where I have no modivation and its not depresson but I have never felt that way so I recently went to my regular DR cuz I was also having back pain cause by a dislocated disks in my lower back well I told him about the way I had been feeling as well so he sent me to the lab where he tested my for low vitamin D and that came back to a 14 I nearly cried I couldnt believe it he had also tesed me TSH and that came back as a 5.23 but he said that he dont think its enuf off where he wouldnt put me on a medication???? this whole vitamin d thing is really freaking me out and I did have my thyroid checked many times before that and a few months befor this last one so I guess things that Im reading online are true,and also my mcv test came back as 76 and normally its suppose to be at a 80-100 but he never said anything to me about that?? well he sent me a prescrpiton for ergocalciferol and Im suppose to take 50,000 units which Im suppose to take once a week for twelve weeks has anyone ever had to take that much before it just seems high?????? and shouldnt I get checked for my calcium levels??  anyways if someone could please get back to me about any of this I would be so greatfull as Im really scared right now

thanks Nichole
Drs usually prescribe high dosage of Vit D to get your levels up. Hopefully it was D3 that was tested and prescribed?
A TSH of 5.23 shows hypothyroidism if your Free T4 and Free T3 show hypo as well. The new lab ranges for TSH are .30-3.0, so yes you are over! Your lab is using OLD ranges.....please look this up and let your Dr know.