Aa
A
A
A
Close
Liver Transplant Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

changes

I wrote once before and explained that my meld score went beetween 19 and 22 for well over a year I had very elevated blood tests highly sensetive encephalopathy very yellow retaining water pain from gall stones and I looked like I was gonna go at any minuite.I got real sick was out for about 4 day's not knowing nothing when I came home I was weak and not very moble for almost two months nausea etc. then I gained weight so the doctor said they wouldn't transplant me being overweight and I was only 15 pounds over well I started to make myself do things I go to the gym I lost everything but 5 pounds my meld score is 13 to 14 my blood tests are surprisingly good for having hep c and cirrosis and I just don't understand how I could go from half dead to almost feeling good sometimes the thing I worry about now is should I be happy about this or is this just the calm before the storm my meld has stayed down nearly 6 months now  I have color in my face and my billiruben is almost normal   so I am not yellow at all I still get sick and I still experience fatigue but nothing like before so much and I don't retain water can you help me understand this they put me on the inactive list until I loose weight and my score goes up
1 Responses
517301 tn?1229801385
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
i think that its always better for you to hold out on getting the transplant as long as possible even if your quality of life may not be ideal.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.