Burns Expert Forum
Burns
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Burns

Hers's one.  Jumped into a hot bath tub and burned my Scrodom.  This took some of the 1st layer of skin off.  I have been using Neosporin for about 6 days 3 times a day.  Is this the remedy? or should I being doing something different?  How long before the skin grows back?
Tags: Skin Burn
Related Discussions
303398 tn?1193102884
Burns of this area are rather forgiving.  Recommendation to anyone who has a burn such as you describe would be to keep the area clean several times a day using an anti-microbial so such as dial.  Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin or bacitracin are fine.  If the burns are first or second degree as you described and I would expect that the new skin or grow back 10 to 14 days.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Sauna Burn was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703