Burns Expert Forum
Cauterized (SP?) hair loss on my head
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cauterized (SP?) hair loss on my head

I recently had a short scar face lift under a local.  After the surgery my head was wrapped.  A few hours later after the novacane started wearing off I had a SHARP pain in my head area above my ear.
I phone the doctor and complained and he said that he did not touch that area.  A few days later I noticed a scab was forming.  Another week later I lost ALL my hair surrounding the scab the size of a 50 cent piece.  I am now 8 weeks post op and NO hair regrowth.  I went to my primary care physician to see if I had a fungus or some other medical problem. She said that I definately had an electrical burn to the area.  I remember during the face lift hearing the doctor and nurse asking one another if they smelt hair burning!  Duh!  It was my head.  I am wondering how I can get hair to regrow!  I will not return to my PS.  I did call him after my visit to my primary and all he said was to keep an antibiotic cream on the wound.  Nothing more.