Diabetes Expert Forum
3 miscarriages

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

3 miscarriages

Hi im a girl from el paso ive already had 3 miscarriages and on my 3 pregnancy I found out that I had diabetes the doctor told me that it was because my sugar was so out of control and I just found out I was 6 Weeks pregnant this was the happiest day of my life because I didnt think I would ever have kids or should I say get pregnant ladt time I was pregnant was 4 years ago and I was just blessed :-)  now ive been trying so hard to take good care of my self in every way I can.. Now my question is how else can I get my sugar to get better?? To me its not to high but I know for the baby it is and when I wake up its always around 160 no more but is that okay or what is the highest that I can have it when im fasting?? I really stress out so much because I dont want anything to happen to my Lil blessing even though I have so much faith that God is going to let us keep this Lil miracle please help I want to stop stressing so much....
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  What wonderful news.  It is important to keep your blood sugars in check throughout your pregnancy and it can be hard to do.  Are you seeing a high risk OB?  Do you see an endocrinologist for your diabetes?  YOu need to discuss with your ob your blood sugar goals and management.  Many women use insulin injections to control their blood sugars during pregnancy along with diet and exercise.  YOu need to discuss these options with your doctor.  A fasting blood sugar in the 160's is elevated, so you want to discuss your options with your doctor.  Good luck and congratulations.  

Bridget