Diabetes Expert Forum
Metformin and Body Aches

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Metformin and Body Aches
I have been on Metformin for about a month (4 pills a day 500mg each).  I am not taking any other diabetes meds.  I feel constant fatigue and body aches.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, does it get better?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Some people do report that metformin makes them feel sleepy/tired.  Are you taking the medication for diabetes management?  If you are, how have your blood sugars been?  Are you taking the metformin for another reason (such as PCOS).  How many times a day do you take it?  

Generally, as your get used to the medication, the fatigue should lessen.  If the symptoms become very bothersome, you can discuss them with your doctor.  IF you have some more info for me, I may be able to be a little more specific.  Thanks and good luck.

Bridget