Diabetes Expert Forum
hypoglycemia (I am not diabetic)
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hypoglycemia (I am not diabetic)

I havent seen a doctor but i have been doing a lot research online on my own and i have come to the conclusion that i am most likely hypoglycemic.  I have a lot of symptoms for hypoglycemia but i also have some other symptoms that are related to blood sugar that i am not sure would be related to hypoglycemia. As far as i can remember i have had dark areas on my neck and armpits and i got curious about what could be causing it so i decided to do a little research and found that darkness in the armpits and neck are related to insulin and diabetes, but i have also found in doing research that in hypoglycemia insulin levels should be low, but i also found that there are instances of hypoglycemia being related to Hyperinsulinism. I am wondering what exactly causes this and what the conditions associated with it are. Also i am extremely over weight but i have a very physicaly demanding job and i dont eat a lot of junk food so i am wondering if hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinism could be related to weight gain.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information you can provide.