Relationship Decisions Expert Forum
I Like Him, But Does He Like Me?

Welcome to the Relationships Decisions forum. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Relationship choices/decisions.

I Like Him, But Does He Like Me?

Okay so my bestfriend started seeing this lad, and i met the lads best friend and i instantly thought he was gorgeous and had an instant crush on him. We've been hanging around in a 4 for a few weeks now and started to get to know eachother. The other day his friend told me that the lad was asking if i had a boyfriend and asked if id give him my number. We started texting and although its not the longest of conversations he always starts them and always asks if im coming out. Also, when we're together he always offers to  buy me things and always makes me laugh, but i cant work out if he is just being friendly or not...
Hello. You know, there is no way for me to know what is going on his this lad's mind. And there is no way for you to know either. But you do know how you are feeling, and I would just focus on that. If you like him, then continue to go for it!

We often want to know what the other person is thinking and feeling for safety--it's like we're looking for a guarantee that things will work out. First of all, guarantees don't exist (ever!). And second, in the process of looking for this guarantee we hold back or back off the relationship because we're scared, which backfires because then we miss out on enjoying what is happening in the moment (we are too consumed with thinking about what's going to happen in the future).

My best advice for you is to show up as your authentic self as much as possible. If that means you show this lad that you like him, then do it! Don't wait around for a guarantee--live now and enjoy the new flirtation and fun!