Does levothyroxine (generic) cause hair loss?
I was on Sythroid for the first 30 days of treatment and on the next refill the pharmacy replaced it with the generic...levothyroxine.  Rapidly I lost approx. 1/2 of my hair.  It literally shedded right out.  My Dr. suggested it was because of the switch.  Have you had this experience?  Thanks, Monica
Hi there,
I experienced this BAD!!! I am on Synthroid now the BRAND. I am not sure if it is the meds BUT being HYPO CAN!!!Being told that it can take 6 months to stop AFTER being regulated correct! What happens is after surgery or hypo or  hyper it takes a month for the hair to fall out or grow 1/4 of an inch. After the damage has occured and you get regulated this can take a while to correct!! I talked to my DOC and many OTHER PEOPLE THERE IS HOPE. The hair and nails are the last to heal. I take Bioten, flaxseed, evening prim rose, and centrum silver it is for older people because I am pron to osteoperosis. So hang in there I would ask to switch to SYNTHROID. There is allot of opinions on this subject but I would try it. For me my body does not seem to know the difference between a natural pill or a synthetic one. Get it regulated.

Best wishes!!! I to lost half of my hair and it might pay to cut some to help get it healthy again I had over three feet of hair. I cut it  before I was diagnosed with Papillary carcinoma and two surgeries and it has gorwn allot but then fell out. a cute medium cut is to happen tomorrow. It ***** but hey hair is only hair and you are alive right!! THis as worse for me than being dignosed with thyroid ****!!!

Rodeo Queen