Aa
A
A
Close
Hashimotos and Diastolic Dysfunction
I have had Hashimotos for 14 years treated with Synthroid 62.5 mcg daily. I have a congential single kidney.  Because of recent family history of thyroid cancer, I had a sonogram of my thyroid, also in the same week I has a Echo Stress test because I was having some heart fluttering.
The bottom line on the thyroid sono - one left lobe 16mmx13mmx13mm complex nodule.
Bottom line on Echo - The cardiologist found tissue doppler consistent with Diastolic dysfunction (not graded)  in my echo stress test and immediately prescribed Metoprolol succinate 25 mg daily and to see him in a year. My EF is 60%, I have no symptoms except occasional fluttering and occasional borderline HBP.
I have changed my sodium intake and the BP seems to be lower. My usual heart rate at rest is 54 BPM. My usual BP is 105-120/70-81. I have not started on the Metoprolol yet because I am seeing the Endocrinologist see my Hashimotos numbers before we start altering them with HBP meds? I know that Hashimotos can have an affect on the heart and BP and DD.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1424570775
Blank