Thyroid Disorders Community
Nodule?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Nodule?

My recent ultrasound showed that my thryoid was heterogenously echogenic with a 16x7x8 mm solid nodule in the left lobe mid and posterior.  Changes consistent with multinodular cystic goiter.  Recommended followup in three months to check for stability and benignancy.

I have had symptoms which could be attributed to thyroid for nearly 6 years and have positive anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.

I am worried about cancer having been there all along and now spread.  I did have a head and neck CT scan in September 2004 and a head and neck MRI in March 2005.  Would cancer in my thyroid have shown up on those?

Thanks for any help.

Cindy
If you don't get any answers here its because we don't know. If you haven't already, you might go to the doctor forum and ask Dr. Lupo at http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120 OR
at left of page almost top, under "Thyroid Disorders" in red click on "thyroid" it will take you to the forum.

If you have posted more than one post per the sites rules for doctors forums, you probably won't get in.