Possible Hypothyroidism treated by the Implanon?
Hi there all,

My name is Astrid and I'm a 22 year old female from Australia.

I haven't officially been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, but as I exhibit many symptoms of it, and have a strong family history, I'm 100% sure this is the cause of my turmoil. The problem I'm having is that my TSH is within normal range, so nobody will do further testing on my T3 And T4.

I'm looking into booking an appointment with a Dr. Ludka Berkowski, as her approach is more to treat the symptoms and not just the blood tests.  http://www.drludkaberkowski.com/

Anyway, more to the point. As I was thinking about the appointment, I was having a more in depth look at my symptoms. Things I found here

http://www.*************************/long-and-pathetic/?PHPSESSID=41218524c58cc73340ff908c0fe95bd9

And when it all started, how they progressed. That's when I realized, a few of my major symptoms had become almost significantly less after I got my implanon.

I had more energy.
I used to have shocking mood swings and depression that evened out drastically.
And I just felt all around less ****** and more like a normal person.

I recently had to have it changed again, because it'd been longer than three years. In that time I got worse again. Everything came back, especially my extremely heavy and painful period. (which some people have as a symptom)

And now, I know you're all thinking it's hormones, and I thought so too for a while. But I've had many, many, MANY testes on them, both before and after the implanon, and each and every time they were all in normal range. The doctors told me it was Chronic Fatigue.

Well just now I did a quick search, out of curiosity, and I've found quite a few people that  were perfectly fine, got the implanon and had a sudden onset of both Hypo and Hyper thyroidism. They all claim it was the implanon that did it.

So my standing theory is that I have indeed had this kind of reaction, in a milder form. Only in a positive way. I believe It's kicked up my thyroid function slightly. Enough for improvement.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or even know if this is possible? If it's likely? Any ideas you all have would be great.
Some sites will not post properly, here on MedHelp, particularly those that are competing sites.  The one you tried to link is a definitely a competing site and is not allowed on this forum.  

One must be very careful following advice from that site.  

Both thyroid and reproductive hormones are part of the endocrine system; it stands to reason that when one or the other goes out of whack, the whole body is affected.  

Likewise, both reproductive, and thyroid, issues can present very similar symptoms.