Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH level 15

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH level 15

Hi~
I have had hypothyroidism for 4-5 years now but just recently I have had extreme fluctuating TSH levels. I have a 4 month old and I know that pregnancy and childbirth affects your levels, but it didn't affect my levels this much with my first.  I went from a TSH level of 0.03 after giving birth to 13.5 and now 15! I'm taking Armour and was on 30mcg when my results showed 13.5. Now my doctor wants me to double my dose and retest in 2 weeks.
I'm nervous about my levels now and feel pretty crappy. I don't feel like my dr is really responding as quickly to my condition or my symptoms as he should and I'm afraid it will affect my milk supply as I'm breastfeeding.  Has anyone else had experiences with levels like these and what was the next course of action?
  Armour takes 6 weeks to fully get into the system or out.  I think your  Dr. is on the right track, though.  I think you must mean 30 MGs  of Armour which is only 1/2 grain.  It is better to start out at a lower dose and work upward than to go too high, again.  Give it time.  If your tests say they are getting better, stick with it.  He should know if it affects breastfeeding.  Discuss it and any other questions you have.  Don't be afraid to research and ask as many questions as you can to your Dr.   There are plenty of websites.  Just search thyroid on the internet.  Good luck.