Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin Test Results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin Test Results

Hello all my Thyroid Friends!!!  It has been a busy year but, nice to be active again. I made my appointment at Duke Eye Center , here are my results.. The Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin test was elevated at 5.8 , when normal is less than 1.3 . My TSH was within normal limits.  
This test was done back in August because I have Graves Disease with Graves Ophthalmology.  I was seeking a surgical way to improve the swelling around my eyes.  Not happy with the after Radio Active Iodine Look.
The Oculoplastic Surgeon said Orbital Decompression would give me a result I would like.
My question is.... While my Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin is elevated , is it wise to have this surgey? Or should I wait until the disease has completed its course?  
Having suffered over three years with Graves Eye Disease and a new life of almost always wearing sunglasses I really want a more normal appearance. On the other hand, I am smart enough to realize, that to wait has great benifits for the long run.
I have not been back to the Good Doctor at Duke to know if she would in fact perform such a surgery with the antibodies being so high.  
Without a doubt I will get a second possible third opinion after all I have been through.  I have also noticed since my battle with graves disease , when I get under to much stress it leaves me feeling really weak.
I truly believe STRESS is a Trigger.  We must learn to control stress if we are to manage and defeat this beast.
Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Weekend!
Thanks