Aa
A
A
Close
Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin Test Results
Hello all my Thyroid Friends!!!  It has been a busy year but, nice to be active again. I made my appointment at Duke Eye Center , here are my results.. The Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin test was elevated at 5.8 , when normal is less than 1.3 . My TSH was within normal limits.  
This test was done back in August because I have Graves Disease with Graves Ophthalmology.  I was seeking a surgical way to improve the swelling around my eyes.  Not happy with the after Radio Active Iodine Look.
The Oculoplastic Surgeon said Orbital Decompression would give me a result I would like.
My question is.... While my Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin is elevated , is it wise to have this surgey? Or should I wait until the disease has completed its course?  
Having suffered over three years with Graves Eye Disease and a new life of almost always wearing sunglasses I really want a more normal appearance. On the other hand, I am smart enough to realize, that to wait has great benifits for the long run.
I have not been back to the Good Doctor at Duke to know if she would in fact perform such a surgery with the antibodies being so high.  
Without a doubt I will get a second possible third opinion after all I have been through.  I have also noticed since my battle with graves disease , when I get under to much stress it leaves me feeling really weak.
I truly believe STRESS is a Trigger.  We must learn to control stress if we are to manage and defeat this beast.
Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Weekend!
Thanks
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank