Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid levels

I have recently had a blood test that showed high TSH low T4 and normal T3. I started taking 12.5 mg of Iodoral 12 months ago when I was suffering from adrenal fatigue. At that time my thyroid was absolutely fine but was suggested by a naturopath along with adrenal glandulars. Initially the fatigue etc improved but recently it returned with a vengeance and I'm suffering from severe joint pains too.
Is this a result of the Iodoral maybe?
Thank you
It's possible.  Although the thyroid needs iodine to synthesize thyroid hormones, iodine supplementation is often contraindicated if you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, since it can make the condition worse.

Hashi's is the most prevalent cause of hypo in the developed world.  TPOab and TGab are the two markers of Hashi's, and a simple blood test will show if yours are elevated or not.

Please post your recent thyroid labs along with reference ranges (vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report).  We can take a look and see what we see.