elevated estrogen levels/out of whack thyroid
Help...my internist ran bloodwork..my estrogen is 330(normal max is 24)..and my TSH went from 27 to 15 in 6 wks then to 5 in another 6 wks then within a week jumped up to 32..eek...I am on 3 grains of Armour...switched due to the cost of synthroid and cytomel...
I have had hashimotos thyroiditis for 15 years...first time this is so whacked..anyone else have these problems...also achey,tired,grumpy...43yr.old....
The estrogen (mostly estradiol) vary quite a bit throughout the menstrual cycle. When is time of ovulation, levels rise to around 400 pg/ml. If your pregnant they are high too.The levels must be examined in the context of where you are in your reproductive life. Your thyroid is really unstable.  But  I read that estrogen suppresses thyroid hormone activity, an excess can lead to signs of low thyroid. Need to go do an ENDO and check all this.