Thyroid Disorders Community
why am i in so much pain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why am i in so much pain?

OMG!! I never knew this site existed..It details every different ongoing symptom which I have suffered for approximately 8-9yrs now and still aparently nothing is wrong. Doctors do their "general" blood tests and occassionally some of my levels are a bit out of whack but they never seem to worry about it. But my current problem is that I have a high genetical relation to at least 17 people who suffer from hashimotos disease (I am adopted but know some of my biological family, with whom i have just spoken with my aunty who has informed me of this condition and its prevalence in our biological family). I spent from Tuesday to Friday last week laying in a hospital bed  (no blood tests were done during this stay) nothing is any diffferent now that I am home I still have the same meds i just give them to myself and get to sleep in my own bed - none of the meds are helping. I have a pain in my neck that I have never in my 35yrs ever felt before, it spasams on a regular basis if my head drops or i move too quick, the pain is constant and never goes away the pills take the edge off it but that is it. I have tried hot & cold packs, TENS therapy(which helps while in use) slight exercise with it etc. I have irregular tingling in the side of my face, my arm to fingers, and tongue. I have never been in so much agony. I have suffered apparent "circumstancial depression" for the last 19yrs, have no energy EVER, and am currently in agonising constant pain which will be a week tomorrow with no sign of getting any better or lessening. Could some one please help me coz I have nothing anymore what other things should I be looking for as this has described the last 8yrs of my life. I was diagnoised 4 yrs ago (at 31)with polymyalgiarhumetica arthritis (not frozen shoulder like first diagnoised and treated) could all this be related to hashimotos disease? or am I just being paranoid? should i get the blood test my aunty told me to get just to be sure due to my high family history? I NEED REAL HELP AND ADVICE PLEEAASSEE.