Bone Marrow Transplant Community

A bone marrow transplant is a procedure to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Bone Marrow Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Bone Marrow Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

1 - 20 (of 16) questions
This is friend's report. the result just came. Is he having cancer or serious health problems? Age 28 - Male Bone marrow biopsy report Section shows bony trabeculae and interspersed marrow. the marrow appear diffusely hypercellula...
Prabakar | Posted
Three weeks ago I found 2 swollen lymph nodes in the right side of my neck ... Finally my dr sent me for a sonogram of my thyroid and neck .. It came back that I have a complex cystic/solid nodule measuring 2.3 x 1.2 x 1.4 with some vasc...
CCMom622 | Last answer
Hi, For the past 8-9 months I've been experiencing extremely bad pain in my right collarbone (enough to bring me to tears) about 10 minutes after consuming alcohol, regardless of the quantity or type of alcohol. It begins in the collarb...
kirstydash | Last answer
in which condition bonmerrow aspiration is used for ?
siddu230 | Posted
What percentage of ovca dx'd woman need bone marrow transplants and how successful are they? Where would one find the answer tyo this ? WITHE This discussion is related to Anemia during chemo.
withe | Last answer
My mom has Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's T-Cell Lymphoma. She's going to have to do a strong chemo this time. Her doctor told her, because of which she'll need a bone marrow transplant. They want to use her bone marrow first, and if that doesn't...
Imamouse | Last answer
Hi! I am 19,I had leukemia when I was 14 and I was recently diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia.I am having a bone marrow transplant in a three weeks,my sister is the donor.I am absolutely terrified!I was just wondering if anyone he...
harpsie | Last answer
Hello....My mom has been suffering from anaemia from a very long time.For about the last seven years(2005-12) she took B-Long,alpha-d3 and Livogen tablets everyday along with decadurabolin injection once every two months.Last year sudden...
Tom2013 | Last answer
Cancer Therapy: Can It Hurt Your Heart? Thursday Aug 01, 2013, 12:00PM - 01:00PM (EST) For one day only, doctors from the Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Oncology Center will participate in a live, online health chat to answer your persona...
Cindy | Posted
Hello! Welcome to the new Bone Marrow Transplant forum. As a community leader here, I am so excited to see this forum brought to life. I personally have not had to have a BMT, but as a lymphoma survivor, this is something I may have t...
Mochadelicious | Last answer
Hi, Please join us in welcoming Mochadelicious as your new Community Leader! We look forward to working with her, along with your entire community, as it continues to grow! Best, Cheryl MH Community Mgr
MH Community Mgr | Posted
My son is being admitted in the hospital tomorrow to start his chemo and bone marrow transplant. I'm so scared for him ! ! He will be on three different chemo treatments and methrotrexate for a few days.. The doc's say 40% of pe...
askingyou | Posted
My fiancee has Acute Lymphoblastic leukemia and I dont understand why the oncologist is wanting her to start the chemotherapy treatments without even securing a bone marrow match yet. Maybe Im thinking to logically, but if we never find ...
moorishidol | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Marrow Transplant Community Resources