Lactose Intolerance Community

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

1 - 20 (of 41) questions
So long story...i was getting constipated often, and been having this pain for a year, happens off and on and about 2 to 3 times a week.  It starts with burning, then gas pressure so severe in my lower left stomach to the low center th...
boogiefly | Last answer
Can someone become lactose intolerant as they get older. I have noticed lately when I eat certain dairy products sometimes I get stomach cramps and gassy and loose stools. How do I figure out if have become lactose intolerant.
shennigan | Last answer
When I drink milk in the morning, soon afterwards, I have to use the bathroom (no. 2). It's not diarrhea though. It doesn't hurt in the stomach area or elsewhere. However, if I drink milk in the afternoon/evening/late evening, it ...
Kovacs22 | Last answer
I'm not lactose intolerant I don't like milk but i can drink it without getting sick but when i drink coffee with milk and sometimes cheese usually when its melted I feel sick like i get a rumbly stomach and diarrhea what could this be
alwaysdreaming97 | Posted
anyone know of a anti-nausea medication that is lactose free? I found a generic gravol that is but it knocks me out for 3 hours which is also the timeframe that it works .... I was in a crash accident last week and still extremely na...
Tammy2009 | Posted
I am looking for a Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) that does not have lactose as a binder. Does anyone know of such a product? mlwjjb
mlwjjb | Last answer
I was dianoised about a year of ago of being Lactose Intolerant. I changed my diet around and pretty much elminated my diet of dairy. And to be honest, getting away from dairy really made me feel great. But, I found my a nutritionist to ...
medic2012 | Last answer
Hi everyone. I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions for me. I'm a 27 year old female who's had issues with dairy since about the age of 14. It was a slowly progressing thing. By now I do know what bothers me more than othe...
PunkeeReigns328 | Last answer
I'm currently pregnant, and I receive Wic for bothme and my 1 and a half year old. He gets whole milk and I get 1% milk. I try to stick to the 1% but it always gives me a belly ache and gas, sometimes nausea. But I can drink the same ...
KatyDid_2 | Last answer
Well i know i am lactose intolerent, seeing everytime i have milk i get really gassy and i most times get a giant stomache ache. My stomache sometimes does seem to swell up as well. Anwyay, even when i do not have milk, i still feel lik...
mishymoshymarcy | Last answer
How about milk? When I was a kid, there was only one kind of milk, Moo cow milk. That's it! Now when you walk down the milk isle in a grocery store, it goes on forever. It's 1%, 2%, low fat, skim milk, acidophilus. What the hell is going...
Magnum | Posted
Hi there! I am wondering why I cannot use milk with anything else (tea, etc.), except in coffee. Otherwise milk makes me feel like throwing up, if I use it. Still, I want and like it. It doesn't like me. How come? C.
carl77 | Last answer
Can i child who is lactose intollorant ever use milk products or can they never use because my husband is constantly debating with me that the child can grow out of it an use milk product.
Tivagrl | Last answer
What are some good ways to get calcium while not being able to have milk? We still need calcium even though we can't drink milk. Does anyone have any good ideas for this.
teddybears4ever2 | Last answer
My son is 21/2 and he had surgery last week when they put tubes in his ears. My husband noticed that my son has been burping a lot. I don't think this has anything to do with his ears, I was thinking he was it had to put with lactose. ...
wendysculy | Last answer
I am now on Leflunomide instead of methotrexate and prednisone. I am having terrible flatutence and severe gas with anything I eat. Is it ok to take Imodium to lessen the symptons each time I eat? I will be going to my Rheumy next ...
sagil | Posted
Just about anything my family makes has some sort of dairy product in it, which generally means after eating I either get really bad gas or have to sit in the bathroom for a while. I tried something my mom got me, but it didn't really he...
JessMurr | Last answer
If I were to change my oral methotrexate is it possible I could possibly reverse the lactose intolerance or is that something that won't change with medicine changes? Just thought someone might have had a similar situation on their medi...
sagil | Last answer
Has anyone after taking oral methotrexate 15 mg once a week, have become lactose intolerant. I tried no dairy for two weeks and it seemed to take care of some of the severe gas, bloating and flatulence I was having. But now it seems li...
sagil | Last answer
Hello all, My name is Emily. I am 17 year old A Level Food Technology student studying at Melksham Oak Community School in Wiltshire, and I am currently starting my Food Technology coursework project. In year 13, we are able to choose...
empeplow | Posted
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lactose Intolerance Community Resources