Aa
A
A
Close

Ostomy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

1 - 20 (of 332) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My son is 8 1/2, he has had an ileostomy for 2 years now and we've had issues off an on. Usually his stoma is almost flush to his skin or raised maybe 1/2 inch. Its never very large at all. Today after he came in from playing I changed ...
nico_07 | Posted
Will having sex with a stoma cause a hernia Are there any positions that must be avoided
coincatcher | Posted
I had my operation around 9 months ago and have had around 4 barium enemas to see if I had healed enough for a reversal. It has been around 3 months since my last test. Yesterday I had an actual bowl movement and since then my abdomen...
zariel09 | Last answer
I have had an ileostomy for over 30 years. Over the past several months, I have been having a lot of pain in my lower GI. The pain feels as if I need to go to the bathroom. I have had these "phantom" feelings before, but never to the ...
loukygal | Posted
My boyfriend is considering a colostomy bag for himself. He only has 1 arm that can be used and that his grip isn't very strong. We are trying to obtain some suggestions for a bag that he could use on his own. He went to discuss some opt...
hthr_25 | Posted
Hello, I just had surgery on 9/4/15 and was discharged on 9/14/15. After two weeks of being discharged from the hospital I now have the urge to go number two. I sit in the bathroom for 5-10 mins at lease 3-4 times a day but nothing com...
loipham | Last answer
Should we buy a Stoma Bag or make one at home? I have watched a video in which it is taught to make Ostomy Belt and Ostomy Bag. I'm confused a bit. Which one would you prefer and why?
RansiPlick | Posted
I just got an ostomy bag in may. I cant get staight answers on some of my questions. How ofton should I change my bag and what is best a one piece bag or two piece. Right now I use a hollister 8031 one piece. Also I use one of those stic...
devere1950 | Last answer
Hi , I am on the list for colostomy surgery due to what the doctors are saying is obstructed defecation. I empty my bowel in small amounts over several hours every morning despite using laxatives as prescribed. The don't really know why ...
eilita | Last answer
Looking for people willing to tell their stories about how/when/why they have their permanent ostomys. Please leave a comment if interested. Thanks! :) Many Blessings~ Tina
TinaWCNACMT | Last answer
My mom had surgery last August and since she had the surgery she has had issues off and on with the he bag staying on properly and leaking. It gets bad to the point that that her skin gets burned and blisters which makes the bag hard to ...
Tkups | Posted
I am a twin sister to my 18 year old brother Ben. Recently, Ben had an ileostomy and now has a stoma on the lower left of his midsection. My family has had trouble finding solutions to make the wafer and bag stick to his stomach, as he h...
cm7233 | Last answer
My mom has a colostomy and she's having a lot of trouble with soft bowels. When they are like that, it pushes up the barrier edges. Any help would be greatly appreciated on firming up her bowels or getting the barrier to stay stuck.
LisnLac | Posted
Hi, I've been told by my surgeon that I need to have my large colon and rectum removed because the rectum is not able to be reconnected. Has anyone did a second opinion and or did the new trials for research, and had success in healing o...
Bummed1_ | Posted
I have white not crystalline deposits on the edge of my iliostomy stoma. Very tender. vinegar and water does nothing. I have enlarged the size of the barrier home to not rub the deposit but that is not working well
Georgekroon | Posted
What is the indication of a dark/grey skin around the stoma, or after you have had a fungal infection ??
malti7388 | Last answer
My husband had an ilestomy over a year ago. To empty pouch he stoops over toilet. Since he is 81, this is difficult. I In a brochure illustrating how to drain a pouch,we got at the time of his surgery, the patient had an "apparatus" t...
Squaw36 | Last answer
612876_tn?1355518095
Hey everyone, one of your co-CLs here. I just wanted to post a message and let everyone in our community know that I've had to take a brief break to focus on my own health for a moment, but I will be back just as soon as I'm able, hopefu...
Heiferly | Posted
I am a paraplegic with an ileostomy. I use a wafer and detachable bag system. I want to do a 12 hour plane flight. It is not possible for me to do unaided transfers from the plane seat to aisle chair. Most flights are overnight and I nee...
wetheels | Last answer
My dad has had his bag for about 2 years now and he seems to have constant problems with it leaking. He is very embarrassed by it and getting very depressed. I'm worried that he is going to just stop leaving the house. I don't know what ...
Daughtersworry | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources