Aa
A
A
Close
Ostomy Community
This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.
1 - 20 (of 340) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi everyone. My Gran just had an op to close her ileostomy loop but is now suffering from acid reflux. Is this common? What will help the...
I had the surgery 23 years ago and it doesn't seem like the food is in me long enough to absorb the calories, but here I am, in my late 5...
I had my operation around 9 months ago and have had around 4 barium enemas to see if I had healed enough for a reversal. It has been arou...
18 answers | 3 comments |
I have a illiostomy and I have normal rectal discharge but whenever I push while having rectal discharge blood comes out but when I don'...
I have an ileostomy and was wondering if there is any benefit for me to take probiotics?
I am to have surgery for colon/rectal cancer in a few weeks. The surgeon is to remove 12 inches of my colon/rectum and says I should hav...
I just had an episode where I was cleaning - sometimes I squeeze a bit to make sure nothing voids while I'm trying to apply my device - f...
1145654 tn?1261423811
I has emergency surgery two weeks ago and had all of my colon and bowel removed. Non reversible. Can anyone who has had this done tell me...
2 answers |
Hi ladies, has anyone with an ileostomy had a total abdominal hysterectomy please? Very anxious!!
Does anybody know what are the two buttons near the peg tube? The peg tube was inserted last january 10, 2016 and one of the buttons fell...
My son is 8 1/2, he has had an ileostomy for 2 years now and we've had issues off an on. Usually his stoma is almost flush to his skin o...
Will having sex with a stoma cause a hernia Are there any positions that must be avoided
I have had an ileostomy for over 30 years. Over the past several months, I have been having a lot of pain in my lower GI. The pain feel...
My boyfriend is considering a colostomy bag for himself. He only has 1 arm that can be used and that his grip isn't very strong. We are t...
Hello, I just had surgery on 9/4/15 and was discharged on 9/14/15. After two weeks of being discharged from the hospital I now have the ...
1 answer |
Should we buy a Stoma Bag or make one at home? I have watched a video in which it is taught to make Ostomy Belt and Ostomy Bag. I'm confu...
I just got an ostomy bag in may. I cant get staight answers on some of my questions. How ofton should I change my bag and what is best a ...
2 answers |
Hi , I am on the list for colostomy surgery due to what the doctors are saying is obstructed defecation. I empty my bowel in small amount...
3 answers |
Looking for people willing to tell their stories about how/when/why they have their permanent ostomys. Please leave a comment if interest...
2 answers |
My mom had surgery last August and since she had the surgery she has had issues off and on with the he bag staying on properly and leakin...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources