Adoption Community
Anyone else in this situation??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to adoption costs, foster children, adoption planning, Adoption Resources, adoption in foreign countries, birth parents, emotional issues, family issues, interracial adoption, legal issues, newborns, parenting, school issues, teens, toddlers, open adoption, and step parent adoption.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anyone else in this situation??

I am in WI. I am 21 married with 2 bio kids. I have a 5 1/2 yr old nephew who is 25% native american that is in a foster home. his parents have had their rights terminated. his foster family has petitioned the court to adopt him but my husband and i would like him to be in our family as our adopted son and have wanted this for quite some time. i need help because i don't know what to do. the states adoption worked will not recind the adoption petition because she doesn't feel it is in his best interest(he has liver cancer and many other health problems that my husband and i are very well aware of). is there anything i can do at this point? the tpr happened two to three months ago and i have consulted an attorney who says that once the petition for adoption happens there is nothing to be done but what about the kinship side?? isn't blood family more important? that is what i was told by a social worker from northern WI. Please help. Any suggestions will be taken seriously!! and time is of the essence here