Adults with Special Needs Community
This could work well for many....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

This could work well for many....

I have a problem as well with dealing with being somewhere noisy!  I was at the bank last week and there was a guy next to me that was not happy and being very vocal about it!  All I needed was a money order but it was the hardest bank deal I ever had to do...I wanted to tell the man to shut up but I couldn't and I was an emotional wreck when I left.  I won't go to the Walmart superstore...we still have a small one here and it is not as noisy or upsetting.  I don't know why I feel this way....never have before.  I have been diagnosed with MS but that apparently is not my problem.  I am going to a Rheumatologist to see if I have Fibromyalgia but it could be the meds I am on,

I am just going to try to stay away from these situation unless my hubby is with me...I can't respond to anything quickly because of my slurred speech either and can't think quick...it's pretty frustrating!

My speech is now slurred pretty bad and my word retrieval is rather poor so communication is very frustrating with people I don't know.  My friends somehow can pick up on what I am saying and can finish my sentences but strangers just look at me like I am drunk...I don't drink either Penn but I sure feel like I have the hangover!!!

I sure hope that other adults with similar problems join our forum...I really think that Pennst8r had the right idea.  We can help each other...even if it's just a little support when the outside world gives us a kick and we can't kick back!

Lots of Hugs,

Rena705
Tags: support, help, emotional, friends
I can't stand going to WalMart either, unless its 2am. I'm not sure what it is, but it did start around the time I started symptoms of whatever's wrong with me. Maybe it's worry that people can see how much difficulty I'm having getting around. I can't stay anywhere long 'coz bright light bothers my eyes and if I get hot I have an awful time walking and slur my words. I also have a hard itme finding words when I'm either hot or tired. What a pair we'd make shopping, lol!

I do hope this forum will grow - it has great potential!

Penn

Feel free to read my first journal. I have issues shopping at Walmart too. Noise from traffic causes pain for me. There's certain activities such as mowing the lawn and vacuuming I have to use some kind of ear plugs. Certain phones I can't answer because the ringer hurts my ears.  I have the ringer on mine turned off for that reason. Unfrotunately that means I miss calls if it weren't for my grandma answering.