I also have expressed severe hair loss for the past few years. It begun when I was 15 years, possibly due to my academic stresses. Now, after 8 years, I'm at a worse state. Doctors diagnosed me with genetic hair loss so there's really nothing that could be done. I think I lost about 65% of my hair. The worst part is that it doesn't grow, so they are quite a number of bald patches on my head, especially in the frontal and back regions. Incredibly unsightly and embarrassing. I was thinking of going for hair transplant, but the doctor told me to continue with medications! What should I do?
Here are some of the home tips which helps you to prevent hair loss.
• Apply olive oil on your scalp and massage.
• Always use baby shampoo or a mild shampoo which is recommended for daily use.
• Never apply conditioner on to your scalp or onto the roots. Flip your hair down and apply conditioner from tips to half way of your hair.
• Don't use any heat on your hair if you are having severe hair loss
• Be very careful with wet hair. Always towel dry softly using a soft towel.Use only a wide toothed comb to untangle.
• Protect your hair from sun using sun blocking leave on or hats/scarfs etc
• Massage the back of the head, area just above the backside of the neck in slow circular motions with pre-heated warm olive oil for 20 mins everyday.
• Do not use any chemicals in your hair, especially on your scalp if you have severe hair loss
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.