Beauty & Cosmetics Community
Hair Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to beauty and cosmetic issues, acne, cosmetic safety, cosmetics and allergies, hair care, hair dye, nails, skin, and tattoos.

Hair Loss

I also have expressed severe hair loss for the past few years. It begun when I was 15 years, possibly due to my academic stresses. Now, after 8 years, I'm at a worse state. Doctors diagnosed me with genetic hair loss so there's really nothing that could be done. I think I lost  about 65% of my hair. The worst part is that it doesn't grow, so they are quite a number of bald patches on my head, especially in the frontal and back regions. Incredibly unsightly and embarrassing. I was thinking of going for hair transplant, but the doctor told me to continue with medications! What should I do?
Here are some of the home tips which helps you to prevent hair loss.

• Apply olive oil on your scalp and massage.
• Always use baby shampoo or a mild shampoo which is recommended for daily use.
• Never apply conditioner on to your scalp or onto the roots. Flip your hair down and apply conditioner from tips to half way of your hair.
• Don't use any heat on your hair if you are having severe hair loss
• Be very careful with wet hair. Always towel dry softly using a soft towel.Use only a wide toothed comb to untangle.
• Protect your hair from sun using sun blocking leave on or hats/scarfs etc
• Massage the back of the head, area just above the backside of the neck in slow circular motions with pre-heated warm olive oil for 20 mins everyday.
• Do not use any chemicals in your hair, especially on your scalp if you have severe hair loss
Thanks a lot dearie!

I'm gonna try those tips and hopefully my condition improves!