Birds Community
lovebird eggs

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

lovebird eggs

I have two lovebirds and they laid four eggs. However they are not laying on them at all. I started incubating them my self and three are fertil, but one was damaged. What tempetur sould I have the eggs at and how should I take care of them once they hatch?
Tags: name
Are you using an actual incubator? Regular incubators have a temperature control and a place to increase humidity levels. Except for Peregrine eggs, we don't handle eggs at my job. Perhaps you could call a local pet store  who could in turn give you the name of a breeder.
well i have four luvbirds two laid eggs, but is not the first time what do i do
Ah, now I see your question. I'm guessing you have a male or two in the bunch? Is there any reason you can't let the females do the incubating? And do you have plans for any of the chicks that survive? Please do look up information about breeding these birds. I imagine the female will need a slightly different diet when it comes time to feed the babies. In the wild, even the seed eating birds will feed higher protein food to their chicks until they get older and can handle seed.
if they werent laying on them to keep them warm...they may not be fertile?
also were they cold when you found them?  eggs needs a constant warmth...if they were cold they may not hatch...but you'll know in about 21 days...
good luck to you...
She laid a large egg today that had a little bit of blood on it.  Now she acts like she isn't breathing well (open mouth breathing).  Is she stressed out or sick.