Cancer in Pets Community
Mass Cell Tumor in Boston Terrier
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mass Cell Tumor in Boston Terrier

My 3 yr. Old Boston Terrier had a mast cell tumor removed about six months ago.  The results came back a Stage 2 clean and the vet said to just watch her to see if they come back.  Last week my dog was not herself and I took her back to the vet.  They found the mast cells had metatized to her spleen and a lymph node.  The vet has begun prednisone, benedryl, pepcid a/c and so far one round of chemotherapy.  I know determining a prognosis is difficult, but I am hoping to get some type of idea, whether its a month, 6 months, year, etc.  Does anyone have anything they could share regarding this condition?
Related Discussions
Hi-I am sorry to hear this and glad to help. How was the mast cell tumor 's  spread to the spleen was diagnosed as Mast Cell Tumors do NOT spread throughout the body, to the best of my knowledge.

A biopsy of the spleen would offer a definitive diagnosis. An anti-cancer diet would be quite helpful as would a comprehensive vitamin-mineral-anti-oxidant supplement like Paaws Dog Vitamins available at www.drcarol.com.

I am glad to help further-feel free to contact our office.

Best Wishes
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer in Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979