Cancer in Pets Community
Osteosarcoma in Yorkshire terrier hip bone or something else?

This community is for questions and support regarding cancer for your pets.

I have a 10 year old Yorkshire terrier. About a month ago he started experiencing painful urination. I took him into the vet, they ran blood and urine tests. Nothing unusual in blood work but urine showed secondary infection and we treated him with antibiotics. Urine issues stopped but he seemed to start having constipation. My vet didn't see anything wrong so I took him to another vet after a week because even though he was using the bathroom he was still in pain when he would go. He was acting fine though. That was the only symptom. This vet gave him a chiropractic adjustment and he seemed better, but after a few days he was worse again. I took him back and he said he had a cramped muscle over his hip bone and gave me anti inflammatory medicine for him. It helped a lot but after 2 weeks of being on it the muscle is still swollen and coming off the medicine he is back to being in pain. The vet did an x ray which showed one hip bone being cloudy. He said it was likely a fungal infection but could be bone cancer. The x ray does not look moth eaten or star bursty like many I have seen on line. I just need some opinions. I want to help my little buddy :(