My dog has a large (1/2 inch by 3 inch) tumor in his lower jaw which seems to be growing quite rapidly. The Vet does not feel we should do a biopsy as surgery cannot be completed even if its benign and we cannot afford chemo. He gave him antibiotics and pain meds and said he'd see us in 10 days if he makes it that long.
Does anyone know what I can expect to my dog to go thru? After clearing up the infection in his mouth, he seems much better and I am now questioning the 10 day window.
I am sorry to hear this about your dog. My dog had a tumor in his jaw before we decided to lay him down. He stopped eating, and seemed to be in a lot of pain. All he would do is sleep, and he got very skinny. I would do what is best for your dog, and I hope things work out for you!
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.