Degenerative Diseases Community
C5+6, C6+7 and L4+5

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

C5+6, C6+7 and L4+5

Our general practioner's office has called with MRI results and said there was marrowing (or narrowing) of C5 + 6 and C6 + 7 as well as a bulging disk on L4 + 5.  We are in the process of waiting for the specialist to call to schedule an appointment.  Can this be explained in LAYMAN TERMS and is it something that can be treated with injections or is surgery recommended?  Two previous operations have been performed on L 5 + 6 I believe as well as series of injections.  Any help in understanding the results of the MRI will be appreciated because the pain is unbearable in the neck, back and leg areas.  Thank you very much.
When they say narrowing, that means the spinal cord is narrowed a little.  I have that, it's called spinal stenosis.  It may or may not present a problem.  The bulging disc in the lower back means that the disc is starting to get out of place.

Honestly, the cervical spine (neck) doesn't sound so bad to cause that much pain.  The low back I can understand the pain.  What does the doctor say?
I was appauled when I read your comment on the cervical spine. The narrowing part probably isn't a problem yet, I have it also. As for the C-spine, I have had 2 surgeries there and still live in constant pain. I realize each person's situation is unique, but face it our neck takes a beating everyday.  Thanks for your feedback.