Degenerative Diseases Community
Cervical spondylotic protrusions.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

Cervical spondylotic protrusions.

Sorry, other forum was full, had to come here. I am a female who just turned forty. A work injury to the head forced me to get an MRI and CT. (600pd) table crashed down on my head forcing my head slightly back and to the right. MRI findings as follows: Loss of the normal cervical lordosis with a slight kyphosis. Signal within the cervical cord is normal. At C2-C3, minimal uncovertebral hypertrophy is seen on left. At C3-C4 there is mild facet arthropathy. At C4-C5 there is a small mixed spondylotic protrusion effacing the anterior thecal sac. Minimal facet arthropathy is seen. At C5-C6 there is a small to moderate central diffuse mixed spondylotic ridge effacing the anterior thecal sac and causing mild to moderate central canal narrowing. There is mild uncovertebral hypertrophy bilaterally without significant neural foraminal narrowing. C6-C7 seem to be ok. It's been four months since the accident and I'm still in pain. The Dr's tell me there is nothing they can do for me. They said some people don't respond to therapy. I have head pain, numbness, tingling, and quite often sharp pain in my left elbow area. I also suffer from a feeling of being off balance on occasion. I've even experienced weakness in my hands, left mostly. Are these symptoms of my injury or am I presenting with symtoms (symptoms) of my disease now? Will therapy help? I was seeing a chiropractor but it did seem to make me feel worse. I can't help but feel that Workman's Comp. dismissed me due to the findings of this disease. Thank you.
i was in a car accident durning work. the mri shows that i have a symptomatic spondylitic protrusion at c5-6 to the right. i had physical therapy but all it did was make me feel worse. now the doctor said i met the mmi and they cant do anything else for me and dischard me.
can you please ex[plain anterior spondylotic protrusion, also neural foramina bilaterally. Thank you